For the past 35 years, Utah resident Dwight Evans has collected car parts, many of them very rare. Recently, Mr. Evans found his storage unit in Lindon, UT to be nearly emptied and his treasures missing, nearly all of his 35 years worth of collecting had been stolen. According to those familiar with the matter, it’s believed the theft happened on either April 14 or 15, 2014. In an effort to help get his items returned and to bring to justice those who stole them, car clubs from multiple states are coming together to spread awareness of the crime. J.C. Hackett, of Utah Car Shows and Cruise Nights in Salt Lake City, exclaimed “This is a tragedy… who hears about these type of parts – WE DO!” in his request for others to join in the campaign. A $200 reward is being offered for the return of the parts.
Here is a quick summary of the parts. The complete list can be downloaded here: Stolen Car Parts List
- 1962-63 Mopar (Plymouth/Dodge) 426 CID Dual Carb. Factory Casting #2402726. Original Aluminum color with modified rear carb ports.
- 426 CID Max Wedge cast iron exhaust manifolds, very rare, with high sweep runners. Left casting #2402334, right side casting number is #2402336 – new cast iron color coating.
- 1957-1961 Chevy/Corvette dual inline 4bbl original intake manifold with WCFB carbs, matching set. Part #3731394 or 3731398. No air cleaners.
- 1956 Chevy/Corvette original dual 4bbl inline intake manifold. Casting #3739653. No carbs or air cleaners.
- 1955-1967 Chevy Dual 4bbl Cross ram intake manifold
- 1955-1967 Chevy Single 4bbl carb manifold without carb. Might be Edelbrock name brand.
- 1961-1964 Pontiac Crossram dual 4bbl intake manifold, never used, aluminum. Mickey Thompson casting on top. No carbs
- 1966 Pontiac Tripower (3 two bbl carbs) original cast iron intake manifold with cast #9782898. Has matching carburetors.
- 1965 Pontiac Tripower (3 two bbl carbs) original cast iron manifold casting #9778818 with all matching carbs.
- 1960-1964 Pontiac Tripower (3 two bbl carbs) original cast iron manifold casting #9775088 – no carbs.
- qty of (3) 10″ Chrome air cleaners
- One pair new chrome Chevy blockhugger exhaust headers – shorty style
- New in 2 boxes – Engine hoist – cherry picker style bought at Harbor Freight just two weeks ago.
If you have information regarding any of these items, please contact the Lindon, UT Police Department at 801-769-8600 and reference case #14LI01315. Please share this and let’s see if we can help Dwight get his parts back and restore his 35 years worth of collecting.